Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Las Vegas: Learning about Food and Healing

On September 5th we arrived at Rachel’s herbal store in Las Vegas. We spent the next 2 hours with Rachel and her friend Becky learning about cancer, diet, herbs, and many other things.  They told us so many amazing stories about cancer survivors and had total confidence in our bodies ability to heal itself given the right tools.  It was amazing to look in their eyes and see no fear or doubt AT ALL that I could get rid of this cancer naturally.  They talked to me about the importance of me being on raw foods and not eating refined sugars.  They talked about many herbs we could take that would provide straight nutrients for our bodies.  They talked to us about the importance of faith-- both faith in the Savior and His atonement and faith in ourselves...keeping our minds positive and full of hope.    

We talked about the many people they had seen with cancer. So many would come to them after chemo with bodies that were weak and run down. Many of them had cancer for the second time and did not want to do chemo again.  Then there were those who wanted to go holistic, but because of family and friend pressures to do chemo, they could never commit to one route over another and finally end up sick. Then there were those who wanted to do the holistic route and were really committed.  Even though it was hard and required a lot of physical, spiritual, and emotional work they didn’t quit. They expressed how this was very much a personal journey and no matter what I chose they would support me and help me stay as healthy as possible.
 
It is hard to write in words all that was said and felt while we met with Rachel and Becky.  I felt like they were teaching us so much but at the same time the spirit was teaching me so much and confirming so much of what they were saying. I could see clearly the two paths before me and it was my choice.  I got very emotional and had to excuse myself.  As I walked away I understood that both options would be hard stretching and painful.  If I chose chemo I would come out just fine, stronger, and better...but if I chose this other path it would change me forever.  It would stretch me far beyond what I would think possible and it would hurt.  I would come out completely changed.  

My sister Niki walked over to see if I was ok I told her the feelings I was having.  I compared it to people I met on my church mission:

First, there were the people I taught who were wishy washy. They wanted to get baptized and recognized the goodness of the gospel but didn't want to let go of their old life and habits. They wanted all the blessing but the change was hard and a little scary. So they didn't commit and often fell away.

Then there were those who recognized this new path that was before them and they embraced it completely. They had prayed and gotten their answer that it was true and right and there was no looking back. Even when trials, temptation, and hardship came. They pushed through and in the end they were stronger and happier. They were changed.

Similarly, as I considered healing my cancer naturally, I could immediately see the good in this new path I knew it was right and what I was supposed to do. The feelings were so strong at that moment and I felt scared and had a huge desire to put one foot on each side of the line just for comfort and safety.  However, the spirit strongly confirmed to me that if I really wanted to experience the growth and change the Lord wanted for me, I should fully commit to the new path I was on. I needed this change. Now I'm not saying that chemo or any other path is not life changing for anyone else. I'm simply saying that this day the Lord had given me some choices- and only one would help mold ME into what Heavenly Father had in store for ME more than the other.

From that point on the day got more and more amazing.  Rachel took us to lunch at this amazing raw foods place.  She was so great showing us all the diamonds in the “eating raw” world.  Which I needed so badly because I was starving and felt like I would never be able enjoy food again.  She also told us she never puts anything in her mouth without praying over it, especially when she had cancer.  She had seen studies that showed how the molecular structure actually changes when you pray over it.  How blessed we are to have a loving Father in Heaven who even watches over the food we eat if we ask he can literally change it to nourish our bodies.  

Rachel then took us to a place called Healing Waters. It is this amazing title detox place. We did colonics, foot baths, and the hyperbaric chamber.  The hyperbaric chamber took all I had in me to get in.  It is an oxygen chamber that looks like a body bag. You get zipped in and they turn on the oxygen.  Cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated environment so I knew this was very good for me. That gave me the strength to let them zip up the bag.  After a while I was able to relax and it was like heaven.  Here are a couple pics.

IMG_1463.jpg
The detox foot bath. Yep, all of this stuff came out of me.
The hyperbaric chamber.


After we finished our healing time at Healing Waters we headed to Rachel's house and met her amazing family. They fed me some ezekial bread, beat kvass (a probiotic drink that provides the body good bacteria and aids in digestion), and Kambucha-- which they called nature's soda pop. It is a fermented type drink, said to stimulate the immune system, prevent cancer, and improve digestion and liver function. Everything was so yummy. 

Rachel then took us to get massages. I had read (and Rachel confirmed) that massages were very good for me to have-- especially with Lymphatic cancer.    I was physically and emotionally drained and this was just what the doctor ordered. It was seriously one of the best massages I have ever had.

Afterwards, we we were all set with a place to stay on the strip. But when we told Rachel and Becky they freaked out just a little.  They told us that this was a healing time and explained that everything in the world has a frequency.  The higher the frequency the better it is for you. The strip obviously has a low frequency and had the potential to pull me down at a time when I especially needed to surround myself with high frequency things like love, gratitude, and the Savior. Obviously things missing on the strip. They wanted this weekend to be all about healing. I already knew about frequencies but hadn’t connected it with my healing.  So Becky offered her home to us.  She had recently lost her husband and lived alone.  She had a guest room that we were welcome to use.  Wow-- three strangers in her home. What a blessing.  

I went to bed that night exhausted but so grateful for the opportunity to meet people like Rachel and Becky. They taught me about faith, courage, and selflessness.  I was full of hope and gratitude.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey.I love reading about your feelings and your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Our family is praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenille, this is all so interesting & exciting! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! I've been making kefir with goats milk and I've shared the kefir granules with many including my parents who make it with cows milk. I've yet to convince my kids or husband to drink some ;-) I've also been making kombucha using Rooibos tea since its high in antioxidants & doesn't contain caffeine or tannin. I'll have to look into making the beet probiotic drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here to share to the worldwide that Dr Obulu is a Powerful Herbal
    Medicine man. he is the only Dr that can cure your disease if you can only
    contact him and
    let him help you. I was cured from my Hiv Disease. after suffering since 8
    months but when i contact him on the internet. he gave me a Natural cure
    that ended my suffering after using it for two weeks. i went to check
    myself on the hospital and i was tested negative. I can't more happier but
    to say thank you sir and i use this medium to say to everyone don't waste
    any time to contact this powerful herbal Dr Obulu On any Kind of Disease he
    is Ready to help you. You can reach him through Email:
    (Drobulusoultionhome@gmail.com)Dr Obulu Cell Number:(+2349057519547) you
    can still add him up on WhatsApp He also have a herbal cure for Following
    DISEASES,this is 100% Real
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -STAPHYLOCOCCUS -STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -ASTHMA
    -HERPES
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on.

    ReplyDelete